If you are looking for a good assisted living care home for one of our relative then you should find answers to some questions before you select a care home. You should get these answers from your own experience, from the staff of care home and from the people who are living there.
When you have to select a care home for your loved ones, you should get detailed and accurate information by visiting different care homes. Just visiting the online website is not enough, though it is good to check some testimonials and feedback from the old clients of that care home but it is always suggested to visit the care home personally.
Questions to Ask from The Home Care Staff
- You should ask them about their complete schedule for the residents of that house. If they have a proper timetable for eating, taking rest, entertainment, outing and other activities like this? If they don’t have a proper schedule for their care home then it means they are not interested in taking care of the people living there.
- You should ask them what are the facilities available at the care home? Do they have some indoor games for old people to entertain them? Or they have evening meetup and chat sessions to share any problems? Answers to these questions will help you analyzing that if they are really taking care of old people or they are just looking for some money.
- Do they have any weekly or monthly plans to take the residents of their house for an outing? To watch a movie or to spend some time at a picnic point?
Questions To ask The People Living There
- The only thing you should ask the people already living at home care about the behavior of the staff. Staff’s behavior with the old people is very important, staff should respect them and should take care of them.
- Additionally, you can confirm that whether they are getting all the facilities mentioned on the contract form or not?
Questions To Ask Yourself
- After getting the feedback from staff and people living there, you should ask your self if you are satisfied with the facilities available in the care home?
- Ask yourself that whether your relatives feel comfortable in that environment or not?
- Ask yourself if the environment is good enough for your relatives?
After getting the answers to all these questions, now you can easily decide which care home would be better for your loved ones.